Job Search Tip of the Week #45 (2018)
Caressa Moy | November 5, 2018 | 9:00 am
Why You Never Want to Skip the Thank-You Note
It’s one of the great last impressions you can make!
- Properly formatting your résumé using this free IT résumé template and how-to,
- Showing hiring managers what they want to see on your résumé,
- Preparing yourself for these 3 digital recruitment trends that are changing the candidate selection and evaluation process,
- Cutting through the noise on social media, and
- Networking and collaborating online with hiring companies and other IT and technology professionals
…you got the interview and rocked it. Now, how do you make yourself memorable and continue to differentiate yourself from other candidates? Send a thank-you note.
A couple short sentences sent within the first 24 hours of your interview can really tip the hiring scales in your favor (or not). Keep reading below to learn more, then download these TEN thank-you note templates which you can customize to suit your needs. (Pro Tip: A good IT recruiter like Chase Technology Consultants can help you write and proofread thank-you notes. Just ask!)
Now get on with making that great last impression.
You’ve found the perfect company. You’ve aced the interview. Now all you can do is wait, right?
Read More »
Job Search Tip of the Week #36 (2018)
Caressa Moy | September 3, 2018 | 9:00 am
The Top 5 Job Search Pitfalls to Avoid This Fall
This is an exclusive guest post for CareerJuice by blog content curator Sarah Smith. Sarah is passionate about online marketing and currently works for AWX Labour Hire, a Brisbane, Australia-based staffing solutions provider. When she’s not busy writing, Sarah enjoys spending her time on social media and finding her next travel destination. Get in touch with her on Twitter @sarahsmith82110.
It can be very hard to find the job of your dreams. However, you may be doing something that is making the process of finding a job even more difficult. Here are the top five job search pitfalls you need to avoid during your fall job hunt:
Read More »