Job Search Tip of the Week #28 (2018)
Caressa Moy | July 9, 2018 | 9:00 am
5 Steps to Conquer Any Networking Event
How to Impress While Networking [INFOGRAPHIC]
At a networking event, have you ever:
- Felt intimidated or uncomfortable in a room full of strangers?
- Been so nervous you made some awkward moves going for the handshake?
- Worried about saying or doing the wrong thing?
- Questioned whether you reacted appropriately to something someone said or did?
- Struggled to remember names? What was said just moments before? Conversations you had with someone you’d met previously?
- Stuck someone’s business card in your pocket and lost it seconds later? (There’s an app for that!)
- Gotten nervous when asked to talk about yourself?
- Avoided situations where you could become the center of (someone’s) attention, aka “wallflowered it?”
…and then second-guessed yourself after it was all over?
Read More »