Software Engineer / Go Developer 
A cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company is looking for an Open Source Developer with Go expertise to join their Boston team!
WHY THIS COULD BE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU:
- Great opportunity to join a well-funded, late-stage tech company with the stability and resources of a large corporation but the culture and excitement of a startup!
- Fantastic growth potential: This company’s infrastructure uses the latest cutting-edge technologies, like the Go language and Cassandra database on AWS.
- Central downtown Boston location, convenient to the Financial District / South Boston Waterfront / Fort Point.
- Build high-volume, high-performance distributed applications and platforms that support tens of millions of requests daily
- Design, develop, test, implement, and maintain core new services, back-end APIs, and infrastructure
- Support a micro-service oriented architecture and help engineer a highly scalable and resilient platform
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends in order to help drive the company’s open source Go projects; research algorithms for distributed consensus, replication, consistency, availability, and scalability
- 3-5 years of professional experience using the Go programming language and/or C/C++
- Ability to develop applications that leverage web services and REST APIs
- Knowledge of web protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Strong command over RDBMS like SQL, MySQL, and Oracle
- Familiarity with NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, Redis, and Memcached
- Experience within a stack that includes Linux and/or UNIX platforms
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies, particularly AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.)
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding of the techniques involved in making these systems scale and perform
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Self-starter with proven leadership ability
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Advanced knowledge of Go language, compiler, library, runtime, debug internals, and tools
- OO programming experience using other back-end languages (Ruby on Rails, Node.js, or Java preferred)
- Experience with code telemetry and introspection
- An active open source contributor
- Competitive salary with employee stock purchase plan
- Comprehensive health and medical benefits package
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship of any kind; no H1-B Visa corp-corp sponsorship or transfers offered.