Senior Java Software Engineer 
Boston-based ecommerce destination seeks Senior Java Software Engineer to join its team pioneering revolutionary real-time, data-intensive solutions leveraging Java 8, the MEAN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, Node.js), and shared storage and database management technologies.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Java Developer to join a tech-focused company that’s been exploding in growth the past few years and shaking up an antiquated industry with fresh technology!
- Build some awesome products using the latest web technologies.
- Great opportunity to tackle ecommerce like product discovery, digitizing brick and mortar, product discovery, and personalization of the customer experience.
- Loft-style office space with lots of light, exposed brick, cool retro kitchen with built-in bar, and an open no-cube floor plan.
- Enjoy a startup work-environment along with the benefits of a well-funded, well-established company!
WHY THIS COULD BE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU:
- Have a very visible leadership role within a small, collaborative team; this position will interact daily and directly with 6 engineers out of a technology team of 25 total people
- Responsible for the full-stack, full-lifecycle development of the company’s flagship PaaS and other ecommerce SaaS applications
- Continuously collaborate with cross-functional team (QA, PM, UI/UX, database specialists, and other developers) to identify software deficiencies and develop/implement effective solutions that enhance the end-user experience
- Work with clients and stakeholders to understand business requirements and design new features and functionality
- At least 5 years’ experience of Java development in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment
- Expertise on latest versions of J2EE frameworks like Spring and Hibernate
- Strong command over the design, development, and implementation of RESTful APIs and web services
- Proficient in SQL and relational database concepts and design
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Experience with front-end tooling and testing using Node, Express, and Mocha
- Ability to use Node to build server-side components to interact with the API
- Competitive salary coupled with comprehensive health and medical benefits package
- Generous PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen with beer and wine on tap
- Company-sponsored “Free Lunch Fridays” and other social events
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
BENEFITS AND PERKS INCLUDE:
LOCATION: Greater Boston Area (Boston, MA – Brookline, MA – Allston, MA – Brighton, MA – Cambridge, MA – Somerville, MA – Newton, MA – Waltham, MA)
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates applying to this job posting must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship of any kind; no possibility of H1-B sponsorship, transfers, or corp-corp available.