Contract PHP Developer (Temp-to-Perm Available) 
PHP Developer needed for a 3 to 6-month contract with option to extend or hire, at a consultancy specializing in software solutions for healthcare companies.
- Build products that have a positive impact on patient care and communications, at all levels of the stack, from database to UI and everything in-between.
- Work on various projects and in the process, gain experience with different areas of development like web, database, real-time services, and mobile.
- Convenient office location outside of Boston in the Quincy area, right off of I-93.
- Fun fast-paced work environment with a close-knit team!
WHY THIS COULD BE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU:
- Responsible for the full-stack, full-lifecycle development of custom end-user applications and software solutions that function as impressively as they look
- Work with clients and cross-functional team to design exciting new features and functionality
- Design user-facing elements and integrate them with web APIs and server-side logic
- Strive to bring performance, maintainability, and scalability to existing and new applications
- Assist with code testing, debugging, and documentation as needed
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and trends, and help drive the company and industry forward
- 5-7 years of professional experience using PHP and MySQL in a LAMP environment
- Experience building large-scale commercial applications (on both client and server side a plus!)
- Ability to develop applications that leverage web services like REST APIs
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience exhibiting troubleshooting, analytical, and debugging skills
- Client-facing experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with proven leadership ability
- Command over other object-oriented languages such as Objective-C, Java, or C++
- Interest or experience dabbling in iOS and/or Android development
- Experience with network/security/Linux system administration and support
- Exposure to the life sciences, biotech/biopharma, or medical device industries
LOCATION: Boston South Shore (Quincy, MA – Milton, MA – Braintree, MA – Randolph, MA – Weymouth, MA – Hingham, MA)
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship of any kind; no H1-B Visa corp-corp sponsorship or transfers offered.